Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Night Waking and Fussy after Peas???

Default Night Waking and Fussy after Peas???

My DS is a little over 6 months old and we just recently started him on solids. About a week ago we introduced organic brown rice cereal heavily watered down with ebm. I gave that to him for about 4 days straight, once a day in the evening. He gets excited when he sees me getting the food ready but he still isn't eating a whole lot of it.. Mostly just playing, which I know is normal for first solids at this age. I wanted to try and introduce a vegetable next so I pureed (in a food processor) some frozen organic peas after steaming them and added ebm after thawing to make them a really watery texture. Again, he didn't really seem to get a lot of it down, mostly playing. He has had those for the past two nights and both nights he has been waking more than normal and fussy. Has anyone else had this issue with peas? I'm wondering if maybe he's having a hard time digesting them for some reason? Maybe I need to strain them first? I also baked and pureed some sweet potatoes so I might try that tonight instead, but just wondering if I should throw out the rest of my peas or try them again with him later?
    TIA

Default Re: Night Waking and Fussy after Peas???

We haven't started solids yet, but I can tell you that DS's reflux gets worse when I eat peas (and corn, and a whole bunch of other things that I've eliminated from my diet). They seem to be hard to digest for some babies...
    DS 11/16/07 :: Infant reflux and milk protein intolerance, egg and peanut allergies

hmmm.. okay I am going to stay off the peas for a little bit. I tried sweet potatoes last night and he seemed okay. Maybe I will try the peas again in a few weeks after straining them to see if it is any better after he has gotten used to solids a little more. Thanks!

We tried peas, and both times DD had a hard time, and then had diarrhea the next day, so we're holding off those for a LONG time. She did better with butternut squash and sweet potatoes.

Peas were hard on my baby for a long time. HTH!

Misty
    Loving my two sweet girls Audrey (7/18/06) and Annie (6/18/09) Baby #3 due to appear 8/5/10

Feel free to ask me about my successful HBAC , food allergies, cloth diapers, and the joy of having a high-needs, non-sleeping little dear who has grown into a wonderful preschooler.

Blogging here.