Default Re: Sad Mommy - Don't Know What To Do-OS-Maybe Wean

Quote Originally Posted by andrea_ohio View Post
    yellow seedy poops is what you want..
    that sounds good.

Could just be fussy:
    http://www.askdrsears.com/
    http://www.askdrsears.com/html/5/T051200.asp
    - sounds like good colored poo

Perfect time for a growth spurt as well. You can do this!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

His poo is different though...
    Before when he went once a week it was soft, but had more consistency to it, more seediness. And a a darker yellow.

This is really yellow, bright almost, with a lot less seediness. And the mucus too - this is so gross but, it looks like mucus you would get anywhere else out of your body.

His poo is almost more like a gel now instead of like thin paste. Yucky.

His diapers have not been very wet either, it's almost like all the fluids are going through his bowels. This is just been today, because yesterday his diapers were loaded with urine.

I pumped this morning to try the new method of block feeding, and there is almost no seperation to the milk. Very little cream in it at all....

So My mom calls to ask how things are going and I tell her. Of course she says I need to start giving him formula. Really helps my confidence

I know how it can get - very overwhleming, but the color and consistancy (of the poo) will change and it's okay - any range from greenish to orange and with or without seeds is okay. THe mucous could be from an allergy/sensitivity from your diet - so thats something to consider as well. But I think overall his output sounds typical and okay - from the info you're giving. Keep on nursin him

Had you said if you're in touch with a LLL leader in person? That might be very benefical, not only for info - but for confidence as well
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Is it possible you have an overactive letdown and not oversupply? Can you describe the symptoms in detail? I replied to your other thread. Its very possible that gassy/fussy-ness is a result of allergies, food sensitivities, OALD, or teething, as well as oversupply.

You are doing a great job. Formula is not the answer. If it is allergies/food sensitivities, formula could worsen that.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

I just wanted to send you and encourage you to follow your heart! I too have a mom (well-meaning, I am sure) that whenever I share my frustrations with bfing, she immediately suggests just stopping and giving formula. It is so hard to hear when you want to be encouraged! First, let me say that you have done a great job thus far! Any breastmilk you can give your child is very beneficial!

I haven't had any experience with OS (I have had other issues!) but I did decide with my first to stop bfing at 2 months. I wasn't producing enough milk and was pumping in between nursing - plus taking herbal medicines and anything else people suggested. After spending so much time nursing & pumping around the clock without much change in my milk output, I decided to stop. I was filled with much guilt and sadness, wondering why I couldn't make it work. I was reassured by others knowing that I had at least given her 2 months of breast milk. She is 6 yrs now and is a beautiful healthy girl. I don't regret my decision to stop bfing her. It was the best thing for both of us because I was less stressed and emotional and finally was able to spend a lot more "relaxed" time with her bonding.

I want to encourage you to keep trying because you have been doing great - you have hung in there despite the problems and frustrations! That is a wonderful accomplishment and gift that you have given your lo. But I also want to encourage you - if you decide to stop - to not feel too guilty about it. You will feel sadness & some guilt, but don't let it overwhelm you. Focus on spending some nonstressful and special time with your lo and know that you gave her two months of bfing.

I believe that this is your first - so I also want to mention that with my second, I had fewer problems and easily bf him for 6 months.

I think I have both OS and OALD. 40-45 ounces is definetly OS.
    Usually by the third let down during feeding, little one is coughing and choking and generally upset. The first and second let downs are not as bad though. Sometimes I literally here bubble sounds going down.
    I am definetly getting more depressed. Formula may not be the best, but what is going on now is not the best either.

Have you given any thought to bm donation? Would you like some resources?