Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I think I'm producing super-duper power milk!

Default I think I'm producing super-duper power milk!

I had my LO weighed today at our 6 week check and he is 12lbs 0.56oz

When we left the hospital after ds was born, I was so worried about him gaining weight, lol. I guess I'll stop worrying about that

there's no problem with him being too big right?
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Default Re: I think I'm producing super-duper power milk!

man i hope not hahah. im in the same boat as you

Nope, no problem at all, my lo is huge, almost 25 lbs at a year. Her ped said no worries if they are breastfeeding and big but if ff then it is a problem. My dh always jokes that I must have the best milk since she has grown so fast.
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

I've always heard that BF infants take what they need and don't usually overeat. Sounds great to me on the weight!

FWIW: My LO weight gain slowed down between 3 and 4 months. I just found this site that's cool: http://www.who.int/childgrowth/standards/en/ It seems they're revising the child growth charts since FF babies and BF babies are different after the first few months. GROOVY
    Last edited by oklamom; May 1st, 2008 at 11:41 PM.

Proud mom of a chunky monkey here!
    I've heard that bf babies can't over eat because your body produces exactly what they need and they will eat exactly what they need.
    Congrats on the healthy baby!
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!

As my mom has told me, you must be squirting out pure cream! My ped. told me that lots of babies seem big during the first 6 months (my little guy's and in the 90th percentile...whatever that means!), but level out after that. Just make sure to stretch out those arms after a day of carrying your LO! You may get sick of hearing people say, "Wow, only (insert age here)! He's so big!" I sure am!

I'm going to join the chunky monkeys here too - and the funny thing is when I was preggo I always got told I looked bigger than I was in actuality and always asked if I was having twins! My little guy was 10 lbs 3 oz when born and he was almost at his birthweight after only 2 days. Now he is 9 weeks old and just over 16 lbs! He also grew 4 inches since birth so he is not really HUGE - the usual cute little fat folds and all . A friend of mine just said her 5 mth old was 17 lbs....so I am thinking that I'll end up with power arms after he's done in the infant car seat!!

It's not a problem for exclusively BF babies. They will eat what they need, and BM goes down in calories as the baby ages. Good job, mama!
    Jen, momma to Charlotte Rae born 9/25/07

Still breastfeeding !

and !