Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sore nipples at 11 months? who do you see - LC or OB?

Unhappy sore nipples at 11 months? who do you see - LC or OB?

my L nipple is sore it's similar to the feeling when you're just starting to BF. I don't know why or how it started so its kinda difficylt to treat.

My son's lower tooth came out a month ago and coincidentally i had plugged duct, which was resolved within 24 hrs. However there was a little white thing that was left on my nipple, but it didn't bother me until yesterday. Last week i felt another lump on my L breast so i breastfed a lot to avoid plugged duct and it cleared out. Then the pain on my nipple started. I thought it was yeast because my son just finished taking his antibiotics. He doesn't have thrush (i think so) and my nipple doesn't look red or pink. Yesterday, it bled a little when he was nursing. Cracked nipple maybe?

Who is the best person to see? I'm avoiding mastitis or anything serious. And i want the pain (uncomfortable) to stop. Pain usually goes away while nursing. Most painful during latch-on. Teething...poor latch-on...plugged duct...yeast...i don't know!

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

Default Re: sore nipples at 11 months? who do you see - LC or OB?

could have been a bleb also...
    how are your treating it????
    heres some hints form kelly moms

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...lehealing.html

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html

i'm just putting lanolin on it. I also thought it was a bleb the 1st time i had plugged ducts. I tried to pke it using a sterilized needle but nothing came out. It was not raised but the color was white.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

could be just a crack...
    As long as your not running a fever and you don't notice any pus comming from the wound you might exscape a trip to the doctor.
    try the ideas here:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...lehealing.html

thrush would be burning itching pain.

Don't know if this helps - - sounded like good advice from PP. But just in case, I always have sore/extremely sensitive nipples when I ovulate for a few days. It's kind of surprising at first b/c like you said, it feels like I'm a new nurser again with the tenderness. Then I realize, oh, hey, I could be ovulating. (: Just writing in case this could be causing your pain, and would definitely mean no trip to LC or OB. (: