Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: are green beans evil?

Default are green beans evil?

My normally super happy lo is super fussy this a.m. & she had green beans for the 1st time last night w/ a little bit of pears ( which she's had before). She didn't eat much, but is not used to eating much besides b.m. She'll be ok playing for a few minutes, then start crying and crying for a while. I tried nursing her and that calmed her for a bit, but before she was done, she started crying again. She pooped earlier, but it didn't stop after that. Would green beans be the cause? Does that mean her digestive system isn't ready for them yet? She's been ok with peas, squash, sweet potato, pears, & banana...

Default Re: are green beans evil?

It sounds like she is really uncomfortable. Poor baby and poor mama! I wish I had an answer for you, but all I have to offer is hugs... How old is she? It is certainly possible that her little tummy is upset. Maybe cutting back on the solids for a day or two will help!
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Thanks, she is 6 1/2 months old. FOrtunately, she's better now after lots of nursing, some gas drops, and a good nap... Needless to say, I think we'll put the green beans on hold for a while.

I'm sorry But, it's good that you were able to pin-point the cause. I hope she feels better

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I have a 18 month old in my daycare that is the same way with green beans even now. She had trouble with them when she was little and Mom never told me about the problem with them then, and sure enough we had them for lunch and she had the same problem now. I was just glad I gave them to her on a Friday and did not have to deal with the aftermath!!

Hope your LO continues to feel better!!
    All I do is
    But I could not be happier!!

Mom to
    Sophia Olivia (9/26/07)
    34 weekers:
    Samantha Jane (9/24/09)
    Jillian Elizabeth (9/24/09)

HTH but its possible they just don't agree with her. My son came up as allergic to them on the prick test. He's never liked them anyway, and I usually don't force the issue if he seems to not like something as long as he's getting a nice rounded diet. You don't have to worry about that as much yet at your DD's age. Pretty much she's still at the age where she's getting to experiment with new flavors... It's good that you were able to be sure which food it was.