Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what kind of cottage cheese?

Default what kind of cottage cheese?

Can anyone help me with the dairy dilemma??? Well, milk specifically. I thought whole milk wasn't good for babies until they were a year old. Then, why are things like YoBaby yogurt and cottage cheese OK?

My other more simple question is...what kind of cottage do you feed your babies? 4%? 2%? Does it matter?

thanx a bunch!
    Wife to Chris since 10/21/00
    New mommy to our miracle Megan Nicole 5/21/07 (3 weeks early )

& new to

Default Re: what kind of cottage cheese?

The proteins in cheese and yogurt are broken down during the processing of the milk to make them so they are not as hard as cow's milk on baby's digestive system. Until the baby is 2 years old, all cow's milk products you feed him/her should be full fat, so I think with cottage cheese it means 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by desperate View Post
    The proteins in cheese and yogurt are broken down during the processing of the milk to make them so they are not as hard as cow's milk on baby's digestive system. Until the baby is 2 years old, all cow's milk products you feed him/her should be full fat, so I think with cottage cheese it means 4%.
    Here's a link that explains introducing dairy
    Married to Jesse 06-12-04
    SAHM to Isaac 11-05-07

We give Thomas the 4% because he still needs the milkfat. He's been eating cottage cheese since he was about 10 months old, and my understanding is that it's not considered the same as plain dairy because of the culturing. He's never had a problem with it, and it's his favorite food.

we do the 4% cottage cheese.