Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 11 mo not interested!

Default 11 mo not interested!

My 11 mo is basically only BF. She is not really interested in eating solids-

I have tried all kinds of ways and consistencies but she really only likes Cheerios. I think it's the crunch factor!

Should I be concerned about this?

Thanks
    Lauren

Default Re: 11 mo not interested!

Hi, I wouldnt worry. My lo was kinda the same way. She is almost 13 months and is now just really getting into solids etc.. Just keep offering things and before you know it she will be taking bites more and more. My lo loved crunchy things first too. Then she would want bites of whatever I was having. Now she will eat a little off her own plate. Just make it fun. She will get there!
    Isabella Grace 4/3/07, Elijah 6yrs, Logan 8yrs

Thanks!
    That's just what I figured- sooner or later she'll eat!

Lauren

Don't be concerned. Just keep offering a variety of textures and flavors and they will eventually eat when they're ready. My LO is also 11 MO and he's been very slow to start with solids and has only recently begun swallowing food.

We went through the crunchy stage- he would only eat cheerios too! Now he hates cheerios.

For us we discovered that he loves all things dairy so we can do yogurt, cheese, pizza.. fun stuff like that.

Have fun and good luck!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Great advice
    Thanks!
    dd will be 1 on May 25 so maybe this summer when I'm home full time she'll eat more (I'm a teacher)!

Lauren

Would not worry.... My OB told me why would she want anything else when you are doing a wonderful job of meeting her needs, look at her she is so healthy! That made me feel great and I know he was right. We start food at 9 months and now she likes only things she can do by herself and absoulutly hates any babyfood! Can't blame her
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

I was right there with you. Then one day ds decided that not only would he eat, he would eat three square meals a day. Now family members comment "I've never seen a baby eat like that!"

So, you never know when it will happen. Could be tomorrow!

My lo just turned 1 and won't eat any solids... I'm not worried. I really believe she'll eat them when she's ready. A friend made a great comment -- "I wouldn't worry about it, she'll learn to eat, i mean, you never hear of a 40 year old who never learned to eat... right?" I thought it was great!