Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

Default Re: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

Don't know if this is helpful or not, but my sister and I cover both ends of the spectrum. By 18 months, my sister's LO was nursing once in the morning and once in the evening before bedtime (but she worked on night weaning at 8 months). My LO is nursing just about every 40 mins all day and 2-5 times a night. If something exciting is happening during the day (trip to the playground or the mall, for example), my LO will forget to nurse and may not nurse for up to 2 hours.

Default Re: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

My lo is going to be 12 m old in about 1 week. She nurses 6-8 times during the day and sleeps through the night. I just make sure she gets 3 meals of solids a day and nurse on demand. She never goes more than 3 hours without nursing during the day although mostly its every 2- 2.5 hours. I am trying to stretch the time in between feedings just a bit though.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Sounds like there are quite a few who don't sleep all night yet, which makes me feel better. My LO is 13 mo. and nurses in the morning, after each nap (she takes 2), before bed, and usually twice at night (though she's often up more than that - darn molars!).
    Julie
    Wife to Jeff
    Mom to Alexa, born 4/22/07

Schedule, what schedule? At 12 months, my babies were still nursing on demand.

The schedule you describe is closer to how I nurse my 2 year old...but we still don't have a schedule. If she asks to nurse, and it isn't otherwise inconvinient, I nurse her.