Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

Default Re: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

Wow, okay... thanks ladies... I guess I should not complain about DD's nursing schedule... it seems like it could be a lot more!! Now I feel better! Thanks!!

Default Re: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

My lo is 1 tomorrow, our schedule is roughly:

7 am-nurse
    10 am-nurse for nap
    11 am-nurse
    1 pm-solids
    2:30 pm-nurse for nap
    4 pm-nurse
    5 pm-solids
    6 pm-nurse
    7:30-nurse for bed
    8 pm-asleep
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

At 21 months, we're anywhere from 3-10 times a day, depending. At a year, Oscar was still nursing every 2-3 hours and a bunch at night (we cosleep).

18 months

4 during the day. four or six at night.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganBeth View Post
    DS is 15 mo and he nurses anywhere from 3-6 times during the day and 2-4 times at night ( im ready for sleep!)

This is pretty much our schedule too. I work full time during the week but weekends he is nursing 3-6 times and still wakes at least 2 times to nurse.

My 14 month old:

7am nurse, then breakfast
    10am nurse, then nap
    12:30 nurse, then lunch
    4:30 Dinner
    7 nurse, then bed

She sleeps through the night...

18 months old, 5-10 times during the day(varies on the day), once at night

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Wow! Thank you ladies for your responses. My daughter is 7 months old, and I was wondering what a nursing schedule would look like after a year. It's pretty close to the schedule she's on now, assuming we don't replace the daytime bottles with cow's milk instead of BM.

My DD doesn't have teeth yet, so I'm wondering what you ladies with older children do about nursing your children to sleep. I'm concerned about milk rot once she does have teeth. Are you able to wipe/brush the teeth before putting your child down for the night, or do they always nurse to sleep?
    at work morning and night

Ecstatic mom to Elena born 10/12/07

The nipple is back behind the teeth, and the milk isn't "pooling" in the mouth, so there shouldn't be a problem. It's not the same as falling asleep with a bottle in the mouth, and having milk/juice pool on the teeth.

Here is a good article too...
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/older-baby/tooth-decay.html

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Quote Originally Posted by KathrynK View Post
    18 months old, 5-10 times during the day(varies on the day), once at night

Same with my 18 month old ! Sometimes 2x a night.
    Allie, moma to Owen born 11/23/2006 and breast feeding ever since. .

No time for flash cards! ~fun and learning for toddlers and preschoolers.