Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

Default Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

My DD (12 months) is still waking up during the night... I'm wondering if its my schedule.... here's what it looks like:

7-8am Wake up- Nurse
    9-9:30- Breakfast
    11:00- Nap
    12:00- Nurse
    1:30- Lunch
    4:30- Bottle
    6:30- Dinner
    Then sometime between 12am and 7am she nurses 1-2x...

Default Re: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

All babies are a little different. My youngest is 2, but when he was 12 mos. old, he was just transitioning from being an every 2 hour nurser during the day to spacing his feedings out a little more. He had been on solids since 5.5 mos., but he didn't really start to naturally want a ton until he was about a year old.

At 12 mos., I'd say my schedule was that we'd nurse in the morning, have breakfast, nurse before a morning nap if he wanted one, have lunch, nurse before an afternoon nap, have dinner, nurse before bed, and maybe a couple of times at night. He stopped needing the morning nap sometime after 12 mos, but I can't remember exactly when.

Honestly, he was 18 mos. old before he really went more than 4 hours during the day without nursing. That was just him though, my oldest son had been going 3-4 hour stretches at about 8-9 mos. I believe.

With my DS#1, I nightweaned him at about 14 mos, so that ended the middle of the night feedings. With DS#2, I chose not to nightwean him then. He spends about half the night in his own bed, and slips into bed with us and does nurse about once a night even now at age 2....though we are planning on cutting that out once he gets his 2nd set of molars.

Anyway, your 12 mos old does seem right on track, and completely normal. If you want to, you could try adding a nursing session during the day, and trying to nightwean her if the night nursing is creating problems for you, but if not, its fine to keep on like you're doing as well.

Default Re: Can you please show me what your nursing "schedule" looks like for the day?

At 12 months, my daughter was probably nursing about 2-3X as often as your baby during the daytime hours, and she was still up 1-2 times per night.

Hi, Your schedule is about the same as mine for my 12 month old. My lo still wakes about 3-4X a night to nurse! I am thinking its teething as she does have alot of teeth coming in. I do offer her the sippy which seems to help space the nursing during the day. I would love to get her nursing down to 3X a day tops. I am one tired Mommy lately.
    Isabella Grace 4/3/07, Elijah 6yrs, Logan 8yrs

My LO is almost 15 months. I work during the week from 6am to 1:30pm so our typical schedule is:

3:30am nurse
    2:00pm nurse
    3:30 nurse and nap
    4:30 snack or nurse
    5:30 nurse
    6:30 dinner
    7:30 nurse and bedtime

While I'm at work my husband gives her typically 2-5oz bottles of BM, breakfast and lunch. On the weekends she nurses around 8-10 times if we're home...less if we're out and about. I offer the sippy everytime she askes to nurse and sometimes that will distract her because she's just thirsty other days she just keeps asking to nurse.
    It gets exhausting sometimes
    Last edited by Andrea's Mom; April 30th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.

DS is 15 mo and he nurses anywhere from 3-6 times during the day and 2-4 times at night ( im ready for sleep!)

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

At 12 months my daughter nursed 1-2 times a day always a before bed nursing, she drank whole milk in a sippy cup besides that. She never used a bottle.

My LO will be 1 year next Thursday and our day looks like this:
    5 or 6 am nurse
    8 am nurse/sometimes a snack
    9:30 to 10:30 nurse and nap
    1:30 or 2ish nurse
    3:30 pm snack
    4:30ish nurse
    6:30 dinner
    8:30pm nurse/bed

Sometimes she nurses one or two more times a day when she feels the need. I never restict her if she wakes or seems more cranky
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

My DD is 17 mos, and still nurses around every 2 hours during the day (unless we're out of the house and she's distracted) and 3-4 times a night is a good night. I think every child is different, but your child is definitely not abnormal!

My son doesn't go anymore than two hours without nursing night or day, and usually it's a lot less time in between than that. he's 15 months old.