Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 month growth slowed - breastfeeding problem?

Default Re: 6 month growth slowed - breastfeeding problem?

How many wet and soiled diapers do you see in an average day?
    How often are you now breastfeeding?

Here's the scoop since the forums were down:

DD is 7.5 months now and has gained a whopping net of 5 ounces. Since my last post we've gained and lost, gained and lost. This week we lost so she's at 14# 3oz. Still the same in height & HC.

I've cut out her solids to 2 jars a day, but she would take more if I offered it. I keep offering her nursies at every squeak she makes . Oh, I am trying those milk boosting supplements and pumping frequently. I hear her gulping more and definitely feel the letdown now.

Ped suggested that I cut her nursing down to 3-4 times a day. I smiled at her but didn't agree. I love the ped. Bfing is the only thing we disagree on. Saw GI again and he said add MORE butter and he'll see us at the beginning of July.

We were averaging 4-5 stool diapers along with about 6 wet - now I'm lucky to get 4 total. We did blood tests, sweat test, and urinalysis today. The blood came back with high potassium levels, so we have to re-test tomorrow and I'm so NOT looking forward to it.

Ped wants to schedule a consultation with a nutritionist. Are they bf friendly typically? I so hope so.

Is there anything else I can do?

If it were me, based on the info you've given *I* would:

*cut out all solids (your bm is much more caloric and nutritious for baby---> see here)
    *nurse very very often. I wouldn't give baby butter (wowza).
    *I would look into this link and see what might pertain to me
    *I would go to the appt. (maybe) but take what they say with a grain of salt because baby is on the charts (these charts)

*I would look over this link and this one as well to help consider if a nutritionist is a good idea at the moment.

Also - I'd print up that chart and plot out babys growth to see her curve HTH
    Last edited by @llli*number3; June 17th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Thanks for the links! I've started to babywear - with something makeshift until I can get a wrap from a friend. I'll cut out all solids and see how that works.

One thing, I did print out the chart and I'm glad she's on it. It isn't curving up like the example on kelly mom, but it is straight across. Is that okay? What do you think of the length and head circumference? Is it okay for those to be flat also?