Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: STTN and solids

Default Re: STTN and solids

Thanks for all the feedback. I was just feeling a bit upset... i just think that my lo ped. thinks that i am a bit over protective and crazy. She always seems to me like she is inching her way to the door after only seeing us for 5-10 minutes and we have waited 50 minutes past her appointment time! I am just frustrated that I explicity have told her several times that I wanted to wait to start solids and she seemed to be making such an fuss over getting her going I thought maybe my thinking was wring. I guess luck for us we are moving at the end of June so she will get a new ped. after her 6 month check up....
    Reagan Allison
    Born 12/29/07
    7 lbs 3 oz
    Goals:
    Nurse 1 month
    Nurse 3 months
    Nurse 6 months
    Nurse 9 months
    Nurse 1 year

Default Re: STTN and solids

I wanted to add that solids actually hurt us with sleeping. She was so gassy and was up more than when she just had milk. She was actually sleeping thru when we started the solids. We started at 6.5 mths and then stopped cause it was so bad (3 hrs awake at night with gas pain) and then restarted around 7.5 mths. It has been very slow and she just started getting 2 meals a day at 11 mths! She is a tank (almost 25 lbs at 12 mths) so I wasn't worried in that department. I would wait till 6 mths and then take it slow, if they do great, keep going, if not back off. Its so individual.
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.