Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grapes and Poop-This is Gross, So Read at Your Own Risk!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Question Grapes and Poop-This is Gross, So Read at Your Own Risk!

Ds is eleven mo and just began eating grapes. He was sick recently too (with roseola) and wasn't eating solids at all, just nursing. (poor baby!) Anyway, so his poop went back to ebf poop: yellow. Then, when he started showing interest in eating solids again, we offered grapes and he gobbled them up, as well as bananas.

So, my question is this: are the insides of grapes "vein-y"? His poop looked soft and yellow with some partially-digested grapes, but then some tiny reddish viens in the more solid parts. Would grapes do that? What about the bananas?

I called the nurse to ask if this was normal and she didn't seem too interested in our conversation whatsoever. I asked he if I could bring the diaper in for her or the ped. to see and she just kind of blew me off. (She's new.)
    Last edited by mommamags; April 29th, 2008 at 02:35 PM.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Default Re: Grapes and Poop-This is Gross, So Read at Your Own Risk!

I would vote for the bananas. They can look like streaks of black threads. Similar to what the inside of a banana muffin looks like (I will be off banana muffins for awhile after typing that).
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    I would vote for the bananas. They can look like streaks of black threads. Similar to what the inside of a banana muffin looks like (I will be off banana muffins for awhile after typing that).
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    What about if they're red, maybe purple veins?

Sorry for spoiling your appetite! BTW, how are you feeling these days?
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Well - dare I say do you have a pic

Honestly, if it happens again I might call a doc, but I doubt it's much to worry about.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Veiney texture probably the banana...Color from the grapes if they were red or purple grapes...DS1's daycare was totally freaked out after he had had red grapes and his poo was red.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2a View Post
    Veiney texture probably the banana...Color from the grapes if they were red or purple grapes...DS1's daycare was totally freaked out after he had had red grapes and his poo was red.
    No, they were white grapes. His Tylenol that he took to get the fever down was grape flavored and artificially colored. Maybe that had something to do with it???

NOOOOO hehe dont even worry its totally the bananas!!!! Its grossss huh LOL

My mom warned me the first time I fed my son bananas not to freak out - many moms freak out thinking their child has a parasite or something. It's not. Totally bananas.

And the red/purple was probably from the medicine.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09