Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Work at Home but have to fly out of town occassionally

Default Work at Home but have to fly out of town occassionally

Hello all,

I am fortunate enough to work at home but my work does require me to fly out of town occasionally. I will be starting with one day trips but at some point will need to do over night trips. Does anyone have experience with this, in that, I don't need to pump every day but do need to pump milk prior to my trips and get my baby used to bottles and nipples for when I am out of town. Thanks for your comments.

Default Re: Work at Home but have to fly out of town occassionally

I would start getting your baby use to the bottle by maybe giving one feeding a day from a bottle for a couple of weeks leading up to the trip. And don't you feed the baby the bottle, let your husband or someone else feed the baby. You want your baby to relate you to breast and dad to bottle.

Thank you. I am going to start this today. Any time you think is any better to pump milk, i.e. before/after a feeding?

After a feeding and to get a stash started I would stop feeding from one breast at around 3:00 am and pump it in the morning at 8:00 am. (or stop at 1:00 am if you need to pump at around 6:00 am.) The most milk you will get is in the morning. If you do this every day you will have at least 7 extra bottles a week and if you also pump after feeding you will probable get another 3 or 4 on top of that.