Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help workplace drama

Default Help workplace drama

I came back to work when my ds was just 6 weeks old not to mention he was 6 weeks premature.. I pumped 15 min every 3-4 hrs. There has been constant complaining about my "booby juicing it" I work 12 hr days.. My son is now 10 months old still takes his breastmilk during the day at the sitters and breastfeeds at night not as much as before but I am still having to pump just as long to get what he uses for the next day..HE DOES EAT SOLIDS CONSTANTLY What can I do to get them just to shut up.. People like this makes it difficult for breastfeeding mothers to do what they feel is right. They always throw up in my face well you pump so I can talk on my phone for that long we work in a 911 center..I just want them to realize that I am doing this for a premature baby yes he is 10 months old but is still low in weight..Please help

Default Re: Help workplace drama

Is there a workplace policy about pumping breastmilk? Law in your state?

Is there an HR person who is supportive of what you're doing?

I'd explore all of the above and especially if you have a workplace policy (or your state has a law for pumping) then let your HR person know you're being harassed.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Unfortunatly no there is no law in affect in my state or even in my workplace, they just let me which is really nice. No head supervisor has said anything however my shift supervisor is real nasty about it due to she can't have kids so it makes her mad I get this experience..They have almost pushed me to my limit and about to wean due to this.. I wanted to wait at least till year but don't know if I will make it

I think I'd quit my job before I chose to wean, IMHO.
    Robin

You can and you will make it! Just be strong in your stance and tell them that you will not stand for this harrassment. Just let them know that formula feeding is not an option. Period. And if they have a problem with that you will be consulting a lawyer or bringing this matter to your local news media. At least that is what I think I would do if anyone would have threatened me while pumping. Good luck and be strong!
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Quote Originally Posted by Seb's mommy View Post
    You can and you will make it! Just be strong in your stance and tell them that you will not stand for this harrassment. Just let them know that formula feeding is not an option. Period. And if they have a problem with that you will be consulting a lawyer or bringing this matter to your local news media. At least that is what I think I would do if anyone would have threatened me while pumping. Good luck and be strong!

Sorry you are having to go through this kind of nuisance.
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

Remember you are doing this for your son. That is the gratitude you get for going through all this trouble at work. It sounds like your co-workers are insecure and ignorant.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

When people complain about it...it just makes me want to do it even longer. Sorry not advice but I feel your pain!!

Me (25)
    DH (26)
    DS Born December 5, 2007

Nursed 1 year and we are going on strong!

I am:
    , , , and

Quote Originally Posted by Baker Smurf View Post
    I think I'd quit my job before I chose to wean, IMHO.
    I agree.

I can see how that could indeed make things rough for you. Maybe you can switch shifts or talk to the person that is supportive of you. You should NOT have to work in that environment.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

You can get through this. Be firm. Personally, I would make a statement the next time someone brought it up that this was a personal decision in your family which affects your lo's health; so far you have been patient with the comments but they must come to an end as this is not open for discussion; I would also comment that the company would probably not like to receive complaints because they are talking about your private health decisions. Although the company does not have a policy on bf, most have some sort of policy regarding harrassment and employee conduct.
    Mom to Lainey (11-8-06)