Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I need a hug :o(

Default I need a hug :o(

Hi!

We TTC for 2 years and after fertility treatments we conceived our DD (she's now 15 months old) I'm breast-feeding her on demand and I didn't get AF yet. We want to start TTC again in order to give us time in case we need fertility treatment again but without AF we can't. I'm 35 years old and I'm starting to feel old, I don't want to wean her, you have no idea how sad it makes me the only thought of this but we want at least 2 more babies. Since I went back to work (I work from home) she nurses 3 or 4 times a day but she nurses every hour or so during the night. I know it's not her time to wean yet, especially during the night and I enjoy nursing at night too. I wouldn't mind weaning the day feedings but I rather not.

Am I really too old? What if I wait and then I can't get PG? I'm really sad, I know I shouldn't, there are so many bigger problems in life but today, I'm being selfish and let myself be sad, I wish I could get my periods back

Thanks for listening!!

Lasbi

Default Re: I need a hug :o(

You are not too old...DS1 was born after 3 years of TTC, I was 35...DS2 was born after 1 month TTC and I was 37...
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

I'm sorry. That's such a tough situation. I know you'll do what's right for your whole family. For you, for your daughter and for any future children. Lots of hugs to you.

Mom of 1, AJ born 4/12/07

I have no advice, just lots of 's!
    Tracy...Mommy to my two beautiful girls - Kinzie Marie, 1/19/01 and Ryan Renee, 2/1/07
    Married to Danny, an amazing husband and father - 3/22/03

Age Ticker

Breast milk is better than any udder milk!

My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard. ~David Allen

"snif" Thanks so much for your support. You've helped me a lot through all these months while breast-feeding. I really appreciate your support! I hope I won't have to wean!

Mom2a Thanks a lot for sharing your situation, that's so reassuring. Did you have to wean your first baby?

Thanks again to all!!

DS1 weaned himself when I was about 2 to 3 months pg...But I was working outside the home. I had pumped until he turned 1, He continued to nurse to sleep until 19 months, AF returned when he was about 5 months old so weaning wasn't an issue for fertility for us. According to the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility AF can return anytime you are going 5 hours without nursing, so maybe just spacing your lo nursing out more may help.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

Since I went back to work she can go 8 hours without nursing so I guess it's a matter of time. The thing is I'm running out of time, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I've just talked to an LLL leader and she confirmed to me that while BF you can ovulate without getting AF. She said this could happen for a few months, so that is good to know

Thanks again!!

Smile Re: I need a hug :o(

i was 38 when mr. baby was born! i might have another one too, not sure yet. we'll talk about THAT when we're getting more sleep.

i haven't gotten AF yet, but when i was TTC there were two things that i think really helped: chasteberry tincture and himalayan goji juice. i had been on birth control for 18 years (!) and my dr. said it would be 2 months to 2 years before i cycled (this wouldn't do! didn't the drs know i was on a schedule here?). i drank goji every day and got my period in 24 days on the full moon and then every moon after that (though i only drank goji for 2 months) after AF showed up, i started taking chasteberry on the advice of an herbalist i know. it took 6 months until we concieved. (once you concieve, stop taking the chasteberry)

i sell both of these in my shop (www.InspiritCommon.com), so you can PM me if you would like me to get you some. i also do yoga a LOT so it's good to try to keep your body as healthy as you can.

you're not too old. don't stress about it. it will happen. *hug*
    Last edited by sparklet; April 29th, 2008 at 05:36 PM.