Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is It Possible To Ovulate And Not Get Af?

Default Is It Possible To Ovulate And Not Get Af?

I haven't got AF for 2 years now but it took us 2 years and fertility treatment to conceive our beautiful DD, so I know my fertility signals very well. 3 weeks ago or so, I started seeing some egg-white like discharge and thought I was ovulating (DH wasn't in town ) a week after that (2weeks ago) I had 3 days of spotting with cramps and sore nipples. After reading a lot I assumed that was a very fertile sign of ovulation. But if that was ovulation, I should have gotten my period now or be PG. So today I took a HPT and of course it's negative (we BDed right the day my DH came back from his trip and it was exactly the day I started to spot)

So, is it possible to ovulate and then not have AF? I know quite a bit of fertility and I've never heard of that but it's my first time breast-feeding.

Any advice would be more than welcome!!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lasbi

Default Re: Is It Possible To Ovulate And Not Get Af?

I don't think it is possible. Are you sure you are not pregnant. Maybe it is too early to test??

Do you think it's possible that the spotting was a very light period? Sometimes the first PP period is different the pre-pregnancy. I would take it as a sign that your fertility might be returning and start charting for a while at least. I do know that ovulation and thus periods can be very irregular while BF.
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

After posting, I ran into this in another forum which may apply to you.

http://forums.lalecheleague.org/showthread.php?t=53303
    Chelsea
    Mommy to:
    Nate 1/17/07 Emma Lynn 7/13/08 @ 31 weeks and Clara 2/26/10
    Cloth diapering convert
    love to and

Could also be some anovulatory bleeding as part of the return to fertility?-the link below really helped me understand the different possible range of cycles when returning to full fertility

http://www.woomb.org/bom/science/variants.html

DD1-Nursed 12/06-9/08
    DD2-Nursed 12/08 - 10/10

DS - Successful VBA2C May 5/11 and

As PP, I think the spotting was most likely a weak first period. I had one just like that and then my cycle came back three months later on a regular basis. Maybe take another test in a couple weeks to be sure you're not preggers and then just wait a little. I bet you'll start regularly within the next several months!