Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Reverse cycling or something else?

Default Reverse cycling or something else?

Background info: My DD has been in daycare since she was 7 weeks old. She's now 7 months old. She used to drink three 4 ounce bottles a day. (give or take a couple ounces) And she feeds on demand with me AND we co-sleep where she wakes and eats several times during the night. And she eats about 1/2-1 jar of baby food a day.

Problem:Now that she hit 7 months, she's only drinking two bottles at daycare...and not even finishing them! This has been going on for over a week now. But as soon as I get her home, she eating like crazy at first. Then she does her normal feeding schedule until bed time. And she's still waking several times during the night.

Is this full-blown reverse cycling or something else?

I really would like it if she slept more through the night, but I don't want to deprive her of the calories she needs since she's not eating that much at daycare anymore.

Any ideas?
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!

Default Re: Reverse cycling or something else?

Has her night-time feeds remained the same???

It might be because she's more active at DC? Has she recently learned to crawl or pull up or cruise furniture??? Might be more activity=less intrest in bottles?

If it seems shes eating the same amount, it really matters not how she gets it... are you trying sippy cups yet? Those, being a little more mobile, might encourage more drinking?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

She sits up by herself now. Sometimes scoots. No crawling yet.

She pretty much eats the same when she's with me, but now she's eating less at daycare.

Barely 2 bottles anymore? And I'm gone almost 9 hours!!!
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!

My DD cut back on her amount at daycare around that time (but only 2-3 ounces or so - not as much as your DD).

She kept growing and developing so I never really worried about it. I just figured she was too busy playing and interacting to want to eat. But once we got home she all but attacked me.

I am so glad you started this thread. I have the same issue with LO refusing the bottle at daycare. She is almost 7 months and this started about 2 weeks ago. I thought maybe she was getting too much food (every 3 hours, 6 oz bottle + food) so I cut back one bottle and stretched it to every 4 hours. In most cases she finishes but would put up a fight or leave 1 oz. She eats all her food. I tried it over the weekend with the new routine (but substitute bottle with nursing) and she was ok. So I guess they just need less milk, which is what I hear from everyone.