Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eye teeth

Default eye teeth

Joshua has been cutting his eye teeth for like the last several weeks (3-4 weeks). The tips of 3 of them are through. The other one is puffy. He went from sleeping 8pm-5am before needing to nurse, to nursing 3-4 times a night again. Now I don't know if he is just falling back into this night nursing routine, or if his gums seriously hurt. We have been giving him motrin, but I don't want to overdrug him and give it to him every night. This has been going on for weeks. He does have less of an appetite and want to nurse more frequently. I feel like he is reverse cycling at 18 months!!! I would like to get him back on track at nighttime, but not until I know he is not in teething pain. How the heck long does it take for these suckers to break through?
    The good thing is that the dentist told us he has all of his teeth until the 2 year molars. That should give us a bit of a break.

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

Default Re: eye teeth

My DD takes FOREVER. She teeths for about a month and then takes about a two month break. She got her first bottom teeth around eight months then four top teeth around ten months and I'm pretty sure she started teething again today. She does the same thing when she is in pain, wakes and nurses more. When she's done everything goes back to normal. He probably just wants a little extra mommy time cause of his ouchy mouth. Hang in there, once that last one breaks it should get better.
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

The eye teeth were the absolute worst for us. Hopefully they get in soon so you can get your little boy back.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

No advice, but I wanted to let you know I am right there suffering with you. (Both are cutting the eyeteeth).
    Nancy
    Mom to Elijah & Audrey 9/19/06
    Twin GERDlings

for 21 mo

Eyeteeth were really bad here too. I think its because they push on teeth on either side. Hang in there - it will be over soon enough.
    Katie
    Just one more fanatical cloth diaper convert...
    Mom to Morgan (01/10/04) and Zachary (07/12/06)
    What are M & Z up to now?

Just wanted to send ! My son has also been teething for weeks and feeding every 2 hours! From waking once or maybe twice a night we have now gone to 6 -8 times a night! Teething is the pits. But I am hopeing it all gets better when those peggies are through. Hang in there mamma!

Mother to Zayne 19/8/06 2.56kg

Thanks ladies, yes the eye teeth are horrible. You'd think they wouldn't be because they aren't molars, but these are worse than molars!

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK

The ped dentist told us w dd 1 that eye teeth are the most painful of all, worse than the molars. good luck, I am sure we will be there soon too.

Nora's getting all four of her canines right now, too. They only seem to bother her at night and she's been nursing SO MUCH. I don't know how long it will take, but you're not alone!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Eye teeth are the work of the devil

I wouldn't worry about bad habits right now, just get him through it. They look SO sharp and pointy, I imagine it hurts pretty bad.

We night-weaned after D's eye teeth were through.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)