Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need help ASAP quick its important !!!

Question need help ASAP quick its important !!!

I need some help from you lovely ladies. I currently am breastfeeding my 9 month old daughter and I want to wean her, since I found out that I am indeed pregnant again (though it is still really early so we are praying) but I also just wanted to start weaning because its getting painful with all of her teeth !!!
    Now she will not take any baby food what so ever NOTHING !! I have even tried to give her pizza crusts,mac and cheese, loli pops things I'm not even supposed to give her and she won't take ANYTHING and we have tried it all. The only thing she will naw on from time to time is a biter biscuit and water from a sports bottle and juice thats it !!! Its really frustrating and really difficult because I have NO energy anymore and my nipples are extremely sore due to her teething and the pregnancy. So basically breastfeeding just isn't a happy time anymore and I really need some advice asap !!

I'm very discouraged and frustrated, I want my little one to be happy and full but its taking a toll on me and I think I did a good job keeping it up for the 9 months thus far of just breastfeeding I feel its time !!

anyone have as much trouble as me ? Can anyone help me ? please I need your help...

also my daughter will not take a bottle just this sippy cup/sports bottle type thing no regular bottles. She seems VERY picky ...... HELP !!!

xoxo
    jenn

Default Re: need help ASAP quick its important !!!

According to my pediatrician, until the age of 1 year, solids are just for experimentation with new tastes, textures, and motor skills. Breastmilk or formula provides sufficient nutrition up until that time.

So, if you must wean, how about taking the pressure off with the solids and going to formula? I know you said she won't take a bottle, but if she'll drink from a sippy cup then you could stick the formula in there. That your child won't take a bottle is an advantage, in a way- a lot of parents have a really hard time getting their kids to give up the bottle, so that's one challenge you've already avoided!

I think you deserve a big for nursing for nine months, and I imagine it's really hard to keep going with sore nipples and a nippy baby. Still, just so you know: you do not have to wean if you decide you don't want to. So long as you 're having a healthy pregnancy, with no risk factors for miscarriage or preterm labor, it is okay to continue to nurse your older child.

Are these teeth new, as in recently came in? Sometimes when Thomas gets a brand-new tooth, I feel it, but normally I don't feel his teeth when he nurses unless he's not latched correctly.

And I totally second what the PP said; nursing for nine months is a huge accomplishment. If you feel it's time to stop, you have the option of formula. Have you ever tried pumping?

yeah I tried pumping and putting it into the sippy type of cup she drinks out of on ocassion but she just didn't like that too much. She pushes it away and and just wants her mommy. I feel so awful wanting to wean but eventually we all have to and right now it just seems like the time. If I should try formula what brand would you all recommend ? I really don't think she'll take it though after 9 month of breastfeeding. I'm soo frustrated... sorry to rant and rave I appreciate all of your help this far

xoxo jenn

I don't know about what brand, but when we talked to our pediatrician she said to make sure it was lactose-free. I'm not sure why, as we have no family history of allergies, and he has no allergies.

Congrats on the new pg and I hope all goest well HH9.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas's Mum View Post
    I don't know about what brand, but when we talked to our pediatrician she said to make sure it was lactose-free. I'm not sure why, as we have no family history of allergies, and he has no allergies.
    The reason for lactose-free is the proteins are broken down more. I know there is another reason but I can not recall.

My ped told me if I had to wean due to dd2 using me as a teether to put her on Enfamil w/Lipil, however, I have Carnation Good Start ready made formula because the milk proteins are broken down better and I refuse to deal with powder formula again. Also, Enfamil makes GentlEase(sp) which is between reg. formula and lactos-free with broken down milk proteins.

HTH

I also agree with the pp's, but I feel your teething pain.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

dr sears has some good info on his website about picking formula...
    something you can ask your doctor about too...

http://www.askdrsears.com/

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/0/T000100.asp

some times cutting back a few feeds makes mom feal alot beter about nursing... heres some pages about weaning to read.
    http://www.llli.org/NB/NBweaning.html

you don't want to wean cold turkey
    wean slowly with love!
    Replace a feeding at a time and make sure you watch baby for signs your moving to quick

Here is some information about pain from teeth:
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/teeth.html

Nipple pain during pregnancy is really common. It does get better as the pregnancy progresses. You would find lots of support here in the "breastfeeding during pregnancy" forum. Here's another helpful resource:
    http://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/f...renipples.html

Since your baby isn't taking much solid food yet, would it be possible to wean a bit slower than it sounds like you're hoping for at the moment? It may take some time for your dd more interested in solids and less interested in nursing. Additionally, I agree with Andrea--weaning slowly and with love is a great approach for both mother and child. Here is some information on just about every imaginable issue regarding weaning:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/index.html

HTH!