Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: left breast

Default left breast

my ds is feeding just fine, but i noticed that my left breast isnt leting down. i do h and compressions when hes on. and when he unlatches i hand express to see if theres any milk left. theres a tiny bit that comes out. i keep him on it for 10mins or so until he starts getting frustrated. so then i put him on the right side and i letdown right away but only on rightside (which is not normal for me). and hes constintly drinking till hes full. any ideas why this is happening and any way to 'fix' this? mind you im always putting him on the leftside first due to the prob and putting him on the left when he 'feeds' for comfort. i did switch sides each feeding up till today. i am getting allergies but i dont know if this could affect milk supply.

Default Re: left breast

I'm having the same problem, but with the opposite side. Baby gets very frustrated and only wants the one breast that seems to have all the milk. Any advice would be appreciated.

Same trouble here. I have a 6 month old who is still nursing every 2 hrs. I am not sure what to do either. My left side expresses when I check it, but she seems angry like she is not getting enough. Any help is great!

haha good to see im not the only one. im getting some milk back on that side but not as much as the right side. so wierd ds is actually latching on correctly on the left or so i think (i dont feel a thing!?) but the right side which has the milk hurts like hell i grind my teeth and wonder how he can latch on properly on one side but not the other. its the stra ngest thing seeing as how i dont get "comfortable" holding to the left (you think it would be easy since im left handed) i dont get how anyone has free hands while feeding im holding him with one and my boob in the other unless im laying down. sorry im rambling