Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: low milk supply - product recommendation

Default low milk supply - product recommendation

Hi - My DS is 4 month old, and I went back to work 4 weeks ago. I breastfeed him 2 times at night, and pump 5 times during the day. The first 3 weeks, I got an average 4oz each time I pump, which I thought is pretty normal. However, this week, I only get 2 - 2.5oz each time I pump (even w/ a 2nd letdown). I spoke to a LC and she told me to buy some products from motherlove.com

Has anyone bought products from this website? Can you share your experience?

I am about to give up if my milk supply doesn't go back up.

Thanks,
    Nhan

Default Re: low milk supply - product recommendation

Hello!! congrats on your baby!!

I never went there, but I too have low milk supply. There is a tea called Mother's Milk, it's organic and caffeine free. It is said to taste a bit like licorice, but I find it more like chi tea (a spice tea, mildly flavored). I put two sugars in it and it's a great drink!! I drink it either cold or hot. I have a tea maker (like a coffee pot maker) and I put it on strong and brew a whole pot. It makes for a whole day's worth of tea. There is an herb in it called "fenugreek" which is the herb that helps lactation. I bought capsules of this from www.drugstore.com I go there all the time.

I'm no counsler, but this is what my nurses told me at my hospital.

I also was told by my nurse practitioner, that the prescription Reglan helps with let down as well. Only once a day, 20 mg.

HIH!!

Nicki
    Married to my BFF Yuri 10/6/2001
    Luka John born 3/4/2008 via C-section
    Fed by from birth to 3 weeks, then to 7 weeks, milk went away. Now weaned off formula!! On to goat's milk. (sweet like BM, easy to digest!)
    Been back to work since May 27th, 2008I am an RN,work on IV Team.
    Enjoying his little smiles
    So love being a momma!!
    <--Luka John, 9 months old.