Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 13 pounds since weaning - sigh

Default 13 pounds since weaning - sigh

people i'm scared
    i've put on 13 pounds overnight since weaning.
    i now only nurse at night to comfort her to sleep. stopped nursing full time two months ago and i'm blowing up like a balloon. sigh.
    i'm back at the gymn but am not very confident about losing weight. i'm just going because its good for me. i do enjoy the rush of exercise though, but am motivated only by the fact that any bit of exercise is better than nothing...........

Default Re: 13 pounds since weaning - sigh

hi that sound very scary... I dont want to gain weight once I wean.... I am sure that excersice might help, but how you consider a very restrict diet... I know that bread, rice, sodas etc make me gain wieght in a jiffy.... Are you watching your intake??? After becoming a mother I tend to gain weight with nothing....

I am nursing my girl less and notice a change in my weight, too even though I also go to the gym. I have enjoyed getting to eat how ever much I want without worry about extra weight. Guess those days are coming to an end. Gosh it was nice! Now, I get to work on cutting back portions...Good luck to you!

Is it possible that you're a little 'blue' about weaning and that's affecting you?

I was always very aware of the need to lower my caloric intake when dropping a feeding, and did so without issue every time.

I was caught off guard with DD's total weaning at 18 mo, though, and for a while I continued to gain weight. I was pretty upset about the weight gain, and couldn't figure out why it was so hard for me to resolve the issue this time. I finally (within the past 2.5 weeks) realized that I was a tad depressed about the weaning I've addressed my feelings, blabbed incessantly to DH ( him for listening so patiently!) and have really felt myself turn around. I've lost 2 of the 17 pounds I gained in the past 2 months already. It had never even crossed my mind that I could potentially feel that way about weaning, since I met my initial goal of 1 year.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm all very valuable points for me to consider.
    i need a take charge attitude.
    DH is willing for us to allocate an amount for me to get a personal trainer. I'm not looking forward. trainers drive you too hard.
    i'm just interested in doing the most in a short time. any little benefit is enough for me. but a personal trainer! yikes