Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New to the forum

Talking New to the forum

Hey Ladies,

I just found this forum tonight while looking for some answers to my bfing question. I wish I had known this was here sooner.

I'm 28yrs old and just had my second child this past May. I couldn't bf with my first, and so this is the first time for me. I've been nursing for 2mths now. Through some painful persistant thrush at that. (we won't get into how many times I've wanted to give up bfing...lol) I still have thrush, but, praying that each day it gets better and eventually it will go away. so right now, I am taking bfing one goal at a time. My goal right now is to make it to the three month milestone.

I can't wait to get to know some of you and get as much information as possible on bfing along the way.

Sarah

Default Re: New to the forum

Welcome to the boards I just had my third child and had lots of trouble with pain for many weeks but things do get better! I hope you find lots of support here and answers to your questions.....I sure did!

Hi, welcome! We had thrush, supply problems, reflux, you name it! I wanted to give up too, but I gave up with my daughter after 3 weeks and regret it so bad I was determined to nurse this one til 6 months..now after nursing and talking to these ladies I want to make it past a year

HI! I know exactly what you mean about taking it slow. When my 4 mo baby girl was born I said I'd try bfeeding until I went back to work in August, now that August is coming around...and with the help of this forum...I have a new goal of making it to the one year mark. This place really does help!! I'm a new mom so I love to hear other mom's experiences. Welcome and good luck!

Welcome! If you are like me, this site will become your lifeline! I look forward to every free moment I get to hear and learn from everyone. - even when I should be sleeping! The ladies here are great! It is so comforting to hear from those who have been through this, as well as those who are in the trenchs right now!

I just made it past seven months. I thought would give up around 12 - 14 weeks, and not meet my goal of one year. I didn't like bf-ing at ALL. - just about despised every moment, even a bit resentful some times. Once we got past a lot of the bumps (that the ladies here will help you over), I SO enjoy it. I look forward to being w/ my ds all day at work, and he is anxious to nurse the moment I walk in the door!

It certainly isn't an easy road, but so worth the trip! I can't even believe I am saying that because I used to roll my eyes every time I read it from someone - BUT . . . it is the truth! Benefitial for baby, and a significant accomplishment for mom!

Good luck!