Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help!

Default help!

help! i have a 12and half mth old boy and i have noticed that my skin is starting to peel! and it is starting to hurt when i breastfeed from the left side, (i had a cracked nipple on that side when jake was 3mths)

i also got thrush on my nipples when he was three mths too and im on antiobtics (which mum says it tiggers thrush)
    they havnt been itchy, was just wondering why would they be peeling??
    he gets one to two feeds a day so hes not nursing much anymore..

im scared that im gonna get another cracked nipple

last mth my la leche leader suggusted postioning and that did help.

three nights ago, he went to sleep breastfeeding and i noticed the next day it was sore, i think he grazed me!

Default Re: help!

have you changed soaps? Sometimes mine will get sore and dry if I use to much soap when I am washing myself.
    hope you are fealing beter soon, mine also got sore when I was pg?
    that might be something to think about.
    my son was about 18 months old and it was unbarable to nurse, he was just nursing at bed and nap.. nap was the 1st to go and then bedtime

Hi jacobs mum,
    Does any of this sound familiar?

Nipple Pain: Causes, Treatments, and Remedies

Skin conditions such as thrush, eczema, psoriasis, and poison ivy can be responsible for nipple soreness, as can allergic reactions to shampoos, deodorants, ointments, soaps, detergents, medications, or food particles in a baby's mouth. Some women are sensitive to the plastics in breast shells, nipple shields, and pump flanges. Sore nipples in later months may be related to sucking pattern changes in a teething baby. Even changes in saliva associated with teething can be responsible for nipple pain (Wilson-Clay and Hoover 1999). The hormonal changes of pregnancy can also cause sore nipples.

Mary

maybe a little lanisoh would help???
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader
    (the poster formerly known as fezzik812)
    Wife to Brett, Mommy to Seamus (5.1.05), and Emelie (1.18.08)
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Ghandi

im feeling alot better today, mm im not pregnant ive had my period for this month, but i do know they get sore just before ur period etc.. yeah my la leche leader recomed me giving jacob a drink of water b4 breastfeeding.. my partner sugguested me puting on like a moisturesr because they were dry etc.. sorry for bad spelling.. there not as red as b4..

yeah i have that special stuff, might give that a go.

Sounds like when I had eczema. Don't remember where your post said you're from, but Pamela Todd in Cambridge, UK is an excellent derm. Good luck.

yeah im from NZ.

well they arent flaky anymore, it happens on and off..

hey has anyone read my other thread? ive calmed down now but it still anoys me aye