Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP!!! My milk supply is low!!!

Default HELP!!! My milk supply is low!!!

We'll the past couple day's it seems my milk supply is getting low...My son will be 6 weeks tomorrow and the past couple days he is piddling at the breast. He does usually seem to get his fill, and then I try to pump when I'm done and empty my breasts but I'm lucky to have 1-2 4oz bottles in the fridge at a time now...I have never gotten further enough ahead to begin to freeze. I'm just so frustrated cause I really enjoy BF and want to continue. I've come along way with this and I didn't even Nurse my 1st born he was FF. Any suggestions or idea's I would GREATLY apperciate. I'm gonna be in contact with my lactation consultant tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: HELP!!! My milk supply is low!!!

Why do you think your milk is low?
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/lo...ly.html#supply

When in question always check the diapers! its generally 5-6 wet ones a day.

Also, do you need milk in the freezer or can you just nurse on demand? IMO, I would try to pump in the morning when you might have extra and they might not eat as much.

And will find so many moms in here that have answers and support for every question!
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

ohh and what kind of pump do you have? You cant always go by what you can get out with a pump. The baby is much more efficient!
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Your baby may be going through a growth spurt and eating more than usual. If you are trying to build a supply to go back to work or you just want a bigger stash, you might check out the pumping board. I'm sure the ladies there could help you out with some ideas. If anything, it sounds like your supply is close to just right rather than low. Sounds like you're doing great!
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

totally agree with PP your LO is at a prime time for a growth spurt and if everything is fine with output wets and poopies then your good. If you do supplement during a growth spurt your body wont getting the signal to make more then youd be in a bind so fight the urge to supplement.HTH
    You are doing wonderful and its hard to trust your body sometimes but you can do this.

sucessfully breastfeeding my little princess for 10 months we are absolutely in love I know Im giving her the best and I know she'll grow healthy and strong!!
    Happily Nursing my Toddler

New to and loving that too!!!

My little Sarai loves her cloth
    And I love to them.....yes yet another cloth convert