1) max is 3 weeks old, he was born at 6 lbs. 8 ounces. now he's 7 lbs. 15 ounces. he's obviously eating enough.
2) i can hear him fart when i'm in the next room. seriously, he farts like a fat trucker. he makes 8-10 poop diapers per day.
3) my wife's diet is pretty bland. she typically eats vegetarian, but will eat chicken or fish every other day. she also typically drinks soy milk instead of cow milk, but she hasn't been eating as many beans/lentils/tofu as often as she has because of a fear of gas via breast milk.
4) i do most of the cooking. i've cut waaaay back on black pepper, salt, and all hot seasonings. nearly everything i cook, since the birth, is savory/herby meat, vegetables, and rice/potatoes.
5) anne is pumping and feeding from the breast (50/50). air from the bottle may account for some of the gas, but our similac-eating friend's baby doesn't have nearly as much gas and poop diapers as our kid.
max has really gotten fussy over the last 4-5 days. it's becoming frustrating for my wife and i. i go back to work on monday and i need a solution. leaving anne with a boy who won't stop fussing is not something i want to do.
is it a gas thing? is it a normal baby thing? could it be related to anne's diet? do i need to call the pediatrician?
any tips or comments would be appreciated.