Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How do you reverse reverse cycling?

Default How do you reverse reverse cycling?

HI!!

My dd (11 mths old) has reverse cycled since Sept. when I went back to work as a teacher. She basically eats about 2-3 oz from 6:30am until 1:45 when I get home. She really doesn't attack me or cling to me at all once I'm home... BUT she eats about every 2 hours over night!

I am finished working at the end of June. Can I reverse this?? I find that even when i am home on school vacations she keeps the same schedule!

I am hoping this summer I can get her eating more by day and less by night[- it's killing me sleep wise!!

Unfortunately she is totally uninterested in solid foods!!

Thanks
    Lauren

Default Re: How do you reverse reverse cycling?

DS is 23 months and still reverse cycling.

Other moms have had good luck with Dr. Jay Gordon method of night weaning -- this is only recommended after 12 months of age. Since your lo is close you may be able to check that out and see if it might be something you are willing to try when the timing is right.

http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/ap/sleep.asp

I think over the summer would be long enough to convince her to nurse during the day. I do feel your pain, my LO nursed every two hours up until about 11 or 12 months.
    Having something to eat before bed, with protein, can sometimes help to tide them over for a little bit, I know you said she's not so hot into the solids yet but that sort of stuff seems to change overnight sometimes.
    I would think it would take at least a couple of weeks to change her schedule around, nursing all day and then maybe Dad can put her to sleep at nights to give you a break and then see how it goes.
    Good luck mama, I hope you find something that works for you guys

Thanks!
    I guess I'll figure it out this summer. I'm just hoping there will be a time at some point in the future where i will get more than 2 hours straight of sleep!!

Lauren

there are some hints on this link
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/reverse-cycling.html

hows baby doing with solids?

She's not loving the solids!
    1 or 2 little bites of something and she's had it. She does enjoy Cheerio's though!
    I offer her food and she just really isn't interested-

thanks
    Lauren