Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonky boobs!

Default Wonky boobs!

Hi there - I've an 8 week old infant who has been breastfed from beginning (both taken to it really well)....only problem is that I now have wonky boobs! My right boob is definitley bigger than the left (I spotted it this morning when putting on a tight T-shirt!).

I have made sure from the beginning that he has taken from each boob equally so don't really know why this has happened....does anyone else have this problem? Would be nice to know I'm not the only one!!

thanks!

Default Re: Wonky boobs!

I am pretty sure that having a size difference is normal. You are definitely not alone!

Oh yes , my left one is bigger an definitely gets more full feeling if she hasn't eaten lately vs the right. I think it's normal to be a little off anyway, & bf probably justs exaggerates it more.

Quote Originally Posted by jadesmama View Post
    Oh yes , my left one is bigger an definitely gets more full feeling if she hasn't eaten lately vs the right. I think it's normal to be a little off anyway, & bf probably justs exaggerates it more.
    totally normal, some women have an entire size difference.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Same here. Left is larger and produces more milk.

Brilliant! Thank you for that guys! I guess it's one of the joys of motherhood and breastfeeding...small price to pay!

My right one is bigger/produces more. If he sleeps through the night the right breast looks and feels like a softball in the morning and the left one isn't too full at all.
    Homebirthing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering Mama to Jason (11/6/07).

Baby #2 due in January 2009.

same here, my right breast makes more milk.

i think lots of things can contribute,
    positioning, baby preferring to lay to one side rather than the other, amount of milk glands or maybe how fast it comes from the nipple.

I'm waiting for a nursing bra that I can buy that allows for different cup sizes for right and left. I think I'll be waiting for a long time. Who designs these things, men??
    Stephanie, mom to Jaime Hoban 11/04/07 and Annika Jayne 12/21/09

We . . . no room in the bed for more!

We love our cloth diapers!

that would be a great idea - to have different cup sizes.......before I started breastfeeding, I'm sure my boobs weren't that different...will they go back to normal after or will they always look wonky?