Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breats crisis

Default Breats crisis

It all started with my flat nipples bleeding. Once it healed, both infection and thrush stroke.
    I'm on my THIRD round of antibiotics (finishing in 4 days) and not only the breast still hurts but some Montgomery glands are inflammated and sore now!
    It's been around 8/9 weeks of this nightmare and STILL breastfeeding! on all sorts of vitamins, echinacea, leticin, breastfeding tea, loads of garlic...I really don't know what else to do!

Default Re: Breats crisis

I can't offer any advice . . . but I can give you and a big round of and say "hang in there mama!"
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

thanks!!!!

how old is your baby?

Is he or she growing well?

You can do it, its going to get beter.
    IT's ok to to take what ever your doctor says is ok for the pain.

He is almost 10 weeks old, growing a lot actually!
    I think that what I might have it's called Milk blister. I'm trying with heat before the feeding and pumping. I noticed almost no milk is coming from the sore/blisted breast