Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pinching and Biting

Default Pinching and Biting

Every child has that "loving" thing they do when they feed. some rub their mommies' bellies. others rub the other boob, or the same boob, or stare lovingly into their mom's eyes... well, MINE likes to pinch. he pinchees the boob he is nursing from and it is sooo friggin painful. little teeny tiny baby pinches. and i don't know what to do. he has also bitten me several times. i kinda yelled NO at him the last time and he hasn't done it since. but man, those pinches still hurt! especially when i need to cut his nails. i have all sorts of battle scars. what to do?

Default Re: Pinching and Biting

Maybe try a nursing necklace or holding his hand while he nurses. When my son was pinching the nursing necklace worked for us.

oh yes, I know those, it is so painful! and my LO loves to do it. he takes my nipple between his finger and there he goes! I told him NO several times, but he laughs at me, finds it funny...he also took the habits to pinch my husband's neck, very painfull as well.
    and the latest is to put his finger deep inside my mouth, why????
    I think that they just have to discover and once they will be done with that phase they find something else better to do.
    Just hang in there

Is your supply good / is your let down slow or fast? I know when my LO was hitting and pinching we went to a LC and discovered she wanted more milk then I was producing. Fluffed up the supply and like magic she stopped. Now she kisses them!
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

He actually does it with love. Like he caresses, and then it moves into a pinch. My milk supply seems to be just fine, so I don't think it is that. I am going to try a nursing necklace. We shall see!