Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Banana Stains

Thumbs up Banana Stains

It seems like everyone has trouble with banana stains. Here's what I do. If the stain is fresh (i.e. the baby just ate), then I rinse off any chunks (in hot water), and then I put liquid Era on it and scrub the stain with a toothbrush. Periodically, I rinse where I scrub with hot water to see how much of the stain comes out. I do this until the stain is completely gone or almost gone, and then I'll rinse out all the Era (if you don't, it might fade the colors) and throw it in the wash with other clothes (in cold water). I always do a second (cold) rinse in the machine after the initial wash.

If the stain is older, then I'll put Era on it and let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then I do the same as the fresh stain.

I use this method for all my stains, and it seems to work really well.

Default Re: Banana Stains

okay, what gives? Please help me understand and realize that i have not BTDT yet....bannana is really light colred right? so what's there to 'STAIN'? I don't get it....

sorry if i'm totally missing it....
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by Lidarln View Post
    okay, what gives? Please help me understand and realize that i have not BTDT yet....bannana is really light colred right? so what's there to 'STAIN'?
    I never thought they would stain, till I fed them to DD either. I think because they turn brown after they're exposed the air for awhile.

milk-face, thanks for the advice. I've always just tried to rinse out as much as possible and hope for the best. That is, after the first time, when I had no idea they'd stain and ended up with a brown spotted washcloth coming out of the laundry.
    Julie
    Wife to Jeff
    Mom to Alexa, born 4/22/07

ohhh, so it looks like there is no stain then all the sudden there is a brown stain...
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

You're welcome. My aunt taught me about getting stains out, so I thought I'd honor her by passing her knowledge along. I hope the stain removal goes well.

I never thought bananas would stain either, but alas, we have a few pesky banana stains on outfits I would love to get rid of, so thanks for the tip!
    Jen, momma to Charlotte Rae born 9/25/07

Still breastfeeding !

and !

I wondered where those mystery stains came from Thanks I'm going to try it next time.

Formerly known as Huntersmomma
    Momma to 3 yr old Hunter proudly breast fed until 2 & 1/2
    Expecting baby #2, Due in Jan 2011