Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPA free bottles with Medela

Default BPA free bottles with Medela

Hello,

I am an expecting mother (due ~ end of May), and have been overwhelmed with the amount of choices with bottles. I hope to be able to breast feed, and have recently purchased a Medela Pump In Style Advanced shoulderbag pump. Are there any BPA-free bottles that are compatible with the Medela (can pump directly into the bottles)? In particular, I'm looking for something that is vented to reduce the chance of colic.

Also, if I get a non-vented bottle, will "vented" nipples work?

Thanks!

Default Re: BPA free bottles with Medela

I use a PIS to pump, then use Platex drop-ins to feed dd while I am away. The plastic that is soft ( as used in the liners) does not have BPA, like other hard plastic bottles do.

I pump directly into the Medela bottles and use these and the Medela slow flow nipples (all BPA free). DD hasn't had any issues using them. I believe that the Evenflo Comfort Select (both glass and plastic are BPA free) also fit the PISA. You could always pump into one container and transfer to another bottle. I know, not ideal.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

the medela bottles are bpa free. is there some reason you don't want to use them for feeding? it's what i've done for over 6 mos and it's worked great! Born Free bottles are also bpa free.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

No, I don't have a problem with the Medela bottles, but I was wondering if there were any alternatives. Thanks!

Born Free are BPA free. You can just dump into them instead of pumping into them. They are great bottles.

i use a PISA and Avent Via Disposables for storage and feeding the Disposables are BPA free, not sure about the nipples being BPA free, and the nipples are vented i believe? i pump directly into these using an adapter 'collar' from Avent... i do not dispose of the bottles after 3 uses as suggested, i continue to use them. lots of people complain about these being hard to seal properly but i just take my time and double check everything always.

HTH
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I know that Evenflo has bottles that are BPA free. They fit perfectly with the medela pumps! HTH
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Are Playtex Ventaire BPA free?
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa's_mommy View Post
    Are Playtex Ventaire BPA free?
    From what I have read, no they are not.

Also the Gerber clearview bottles fit on the Medela pumps and are BPA free. They are SOOOO inexpensive. We get them at our local Target.
    All I do is
    But I could not be happier!!

Mom to
    Sophia Olivia (9/26/07)
    34 weekers:
    Samantha Jane (9/24/09)
    Jillian Elizabeth (9/24/09)