Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: help please

Exclamation help please

my 4mo DD seems to have a case of diareah(sp) has pood many times nearly every time she does she poos out... not normal poo is watery and green think its a bug?? nothing has really changed in her diet nor in mine she gets cereal apple juice and or EBM any ideas on how to slow down the poos??
    TIA

Default Re: help please

Apple juice contains a natural sugar, sorbital, which can cause or aggravate diarrhea. Green watery poops could be a sign of food intolerance. It's best to wait until nine months to introduce juice.
    Married to Jesse 06-12-04
    SAHM to Isaac 11-05-07

Couldn't green poos also equal not enough hindmilk? (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday morning View Post
    Couldn't green poos also equal not enough hindmilk? (somebody correct me if I'm wrong)
    yes it could

http://www.mother-2-mother.com/cc-baby-A.htm
    SAHM to Isaac 11-05-07

It could be a bug, it could be something else (like the above posters mentioned) but either how, the best thing for baby is to keep nursing !
    (read more here )
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

thanks ladies for all your replys she finnaly quit pooing out every thing ugh the laundry now it was bad enough we left her in only diaper for a long time.. but so far she seems ok sleeping for now and tring to get her to nurse when she will but hasnt been eating much really. will see what the rest of the night and tomorrow brings

Is the poop smelly?

Here's some specific info on what is diarrhea in a bfed baby:
    http://www.drjaygordon.com/developme...ricks/poop.asp

I would suggest leaving the juice off (makes diarrhea worse), and possibly even dropping the cereal for a few days so that your baby's digestive system can begin to heal (assuming it's not a major part of baby's diet, of course). Breastmilk contains enzymes and friendly bacteria that help regulate the digestive system.

I hope your LO feels better soon!

yeah it was smelly we havnt had any more since that day.. we did quit apple juice and went with EBM with the cereal as she only get cereal once a day in the eve. she sees us eating and when we are done she acts famished like she hasnt eatin in days so i give her some cereal.She will literaly get done nursing and 2mins later act like she hasnt eatin at all.. I offer breast and she is not interested, offer spoon and she is leaning into it . so i cant imagine taking it away totally she stares at us when we eat every meal and i mean eyes never leave the utensil your using... I am just really glad she has quit pooping so much cuz dang and again thanks for all the thoughts and help.

I'm glad your LO is feeling better
    SAHM to Isaac 11-05-07