Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: not sure whats going on

Default not sure whats going on

so ive been bf since ds was born. everything was going GREAT. i have had some questions and concerns before but now i really dont know what going on. when i feed him ill have a first letdown then ill keep him on the same side for 15+ minutes and no more letdowns. so i dont think hes getting anyhind milk. ill then not no what to do so i switch sides and all of a sudden there will be a letdown but only on that side. let me just say when i first put him on i will letdown on both sides. so would that mean hes getting hindmilk. any suggestions to get the hindmilk to him?

Default Re: not sure whats going on

Some women just stop feeling them after a bit of time. Nothing to worry about if he continues to grow and thrive (and show good output ) The hindmilk is there
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

even if you cant hear him swallowing?

I feel my first letdown but not the ones after that. You should be able to hear swallowing though. I would let him continue to nurse on one side until he unlatches himself(mho).

Quote Originally Posted by NAOMI View Post
    I feel my first letdown but not the ones after that. You should be able to hear swallowing though. I would let him continue to nurse on one side until he unlatches himself(mho).
    Yes, when baby nurses fully and then unlatches himself, you know they got all the bm out that they could get. You can then offer them the 2nd breast. Some babies take the 2nd breast, some don't, some do sometimes and not others. Just remember to feed off that 2nd breast at the next nursing session even if baby has nursed off of it so you're alternating.

oops- posted to wrong thread
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommie of 2 View Post
    Yes, when baby nurses fully and then unlatches himself, you know they got all the bm out that they could get. You can then offer them the 2nd breast. Some babies take the 2nd breast, some don't, some do sometimes and not others. Just remember to feed off that 2nd breast at the next nursing session even if baby has nursed off of it so you're alternating.
    my ds is ALWAYS unlatching (like from when i first put him on or even after a few min). so i dont know how to keep him on longer. and i know hes still hungry cos i put him back on and he continues on eating. until he does it again. i dont know if its due to poor latching in the first place. i was supposed to talk to a lc today but things got screwed up so i have to wait till next week .