Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help with solids

Default Help with solids

so my almost 8 month old is not into solids at all .. we started at 6 months very very slowly because of previous having allergic colitis ... he has had no reactions to food at all but is so un interested it worries me. I am lucky if i can get him to eat a 2.5oz jar of anything .. he is happy and fine just not into food should i be worried ... my friends babies who are younger love their solids

Default Re: Help with solids

What have you tried so far?

If you've been doing just purees - perhaps try some soft finger foods that your son can self-feed? Some babies seem to be more interested in solids when they get to feed themselves.

We did baby led solids, and my DS didn't eat more than a nibble until he was about 8.5 mo old .... and then he really took off with solids.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

sorry! double post
    Last edited by lsksam; April 22nd, 2008 at 03:33 PM.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

We didn't really start solids till 8 months either. Its fine some babies just aren't interested in solids till after 12 m. I would keep offereing and ditch the baby food... my lo wouldn't eat it. Sit your lo in a high chair and sprinkle some rice crispies cereal on the tray.. see what happens or small pieces of banana or avacado etc... try pea sized pieces of soft table food.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

ok i am gonna try some soft cut up food so far we have tried rice and oat cereal carrots sweet potatoes peaches pears apples prunes bananas so far the only thing he was most intersted in was the banana while in the little self feeder thing so maybe he is just one of those babies that is not into purees I hope he gets it soon right now i feel like i will be breastfeeding every meal until he is five .. yikes LOL