Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Baby started sleeping through the night..

Default Re: Baby started sleeping through the night..

Do you cosleep?

my ds is 15 weeks and has been doing 6-8 hrs for awhile now, and i wouldnt think of waking him (just my opinion), this has not affected my supply, also the older they get the more affective they get at "getting the milk out" so she is prolly fine, as long as she has ppe and poop diapers and is gasining well i dont thinkyou have anything to worry about. good luck
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

my lo started to STTN at 12 weeks... and then it stopped when she hit 14weeks and a growth spurt. Enjoy it while it last!
    She may be back to waking in the MON before you know it. If you are really worried about your supply you could always pump while your lo sleeps and get a bit of a freezer stash stocked up just in case...
    I let my lo sleep 9hrs, but never longer
    best of luck!
    Reagan Allison
    Born 12/29/07
    7 lbs 3 oz
    Goals:
    Nurse 1 month
    Nurse 3 months
    Nurse 6 months
    Nurse 9 months
    Nurse 1 year

I can't comment about whether your supply will drop or not - but, my DS starting sleeping through the night also around that time (and did for 2 mos, but no longer does!). I, too, was worried about my supply since of course after 6-7 hrs I would feel very full and sometimes painfully so. He would usually sleep 5 hrs, then wake to eat off one side go right back to sleep. So I started pumping the other side right after that feeding to relieve the engorgement and keep up the supply. It has worked well for me. My supply didn't go down during this time.

I have always worried that my supply is kind of marginal, especially since the left produces noticeably less than the right and I NEVER leak, spray, or have any other "oversupply" issues (even though this is apparently normal). So I am pretty diligent about doing the night pumping.