Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How much are you nursing your 11 mos old?

Default How much are you nursing your 11 mos old?

How much are you ladies nursing your 11 -12 mos old? And are they eating meals with you as well? Thanks in advance for your input. I have a girlfriend who has me thinking I am giving my beautiful baby too much feedings. Because aren't nursing sessions considered meals too?

Default Re: How much are you nursing your 11 mos old?

Hi, I am nursing my 12 month old about every 2-3 hours. She eats 3 meals a day with a sippy of water or whole milk. I would prefer her to nurse less but I think she is going thru a growth spurt or teething. She still nurses once or twice a night also. I just basically go with her cues.
    Isabella Grace 4/3/07, Elijah 6yrs, Logan 8yrs

At that age, DS ate with us, had an occassional snack, and nursed a total of 10-12 times/24 hours, usually for 5 minutes at a time.
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Mikey is almost 11 mo. He nurses
    1) first thing in the morning, then eats breakfast (solids),
    2) just before morning nap,
    3) before lunch (solids),
    4) before afternoon nap,
    5) before dinner (solids),
    6) before bedtime, and then
    7 and/or 8) one or two night feedings.

Wow, seeing it all spelled out like that makes me see that he still nurses a lot! Oh well. I'm glad to do it. I think that's what has helped keep him so healthy his first year (almost) of life. All he's had was a cold at about 7 or 8 months.

He was born a 9 lb bowling ball and now weighs 23 lb.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

DD just turned 12 mo. and nurses usually 5-7 times a day. She eats meals with us as well as a snack between lunch and dinner.
    Julie
    Wife to Jeff
    Mom to Alexa, born 4/22/07

My dd will be 11 months next week and she nurses roughly 7 times in 24 hours. She eats all 3 meals with us and usually one snack too.... She is a eating machine.. if someone is eating something she needs to have a taste....

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Caitlyn turned 12 months yesterday She eats meals with us, as well as snacks in between. On my days off she nurses first thing in the morning, several times during the day and off and on ALL NIGHT long

On days I work she nurses as soon as I get home and at least once or twice more before bed. Once we go to bed she nurses ALL NIGHT long.

Yesterday she only nursed twice before we went to bed. I guess she was too busy being a big girl
    Carol
    Proud mom to,
    Cassi 5/17/85
    Carlie 3/16/96

The Twinzillas
    Camryn 8/17/06
    Carson 8/17/06
    & their Shadow
    Caitlyn 4/22/07