Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: spit up question

Default spit up question

my lo just spit up, definately normal for him, but there was some yellow mucus type stuff in it (sorry if TMI). any ideas on what this could be? he has been congested but I thought it was just a stuffy nose. should I call the dr.?
    Exclusively , , and when we find the time !!! And now loving Totally bleesed with born 2-25-08.

Default Re: spit up question

My older daughter did that... When I asked the ped he said that since babies can't blow their noses, they swallow the mucus (especially while eating). Sometimes the mucus can upset their stomach causing them to spit up more... of course, then the mucus comes up! It's just messier than normal, but nothing to worry about! Good luck with the congestion!
    Chris
    Happily Married since July 10, 2004
    Mom to Katie- June 14, 2006 and Allie- January 21, 2008

I agree, it sounds like mucus. I actually had a scare last night when my LO spit up and there was this green stuff in it. I called out to DH to get him to look and when he looked at it, he didn't make any facial expression . . .he looked at my worried face and said "that's snot".
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

thanks that makes me feel better!
    Exclusively , , and when we find the time !!! And now loving Totally bleesed with born 2-25-08.