Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White/light colored poop

Default Re: White/light colored poop

please update us!

My DS2 had a bowel problem that started around age 2 and lasted for 1-1.5 years. It took a looooooong time to find out what the problem was, but it turned out he was missing a digestive enzyme and was intolerant to certain foods. For him it turned out to be mostly citrus and dairy, and some wheat products. He eventually outgrew it. During that time he had frequent (4-10 day) light coloured BMs that were often very mucousy. He had a bad rash for the whole time (he was still in diapers). It was very stressful, and I worried constantly but it turned out to be nothing serious. Try not to worry too much until you see your Dr

Let us know how you make out.

I wish I saw this sooner Erin. D had white/beige poop when he had the rotavirus a few weeks ago. Very nasty smell. We weren't sure if it was rotavirus or Hepatitis A because hep A is often associated with the white poop.

I read that the poop turns whiter with a lack of bile. Some people get this when they have been very sick, not eating well, etc. My sister got it when she picked up a food borne illness in Mexico. Daniel got it with Rotavirus.

Hope Haylee is better soon!

Wanted to add, Daniel did have 1 day of normal stool between the nasty stools. He also had 1 day of vomiting prior to any of the poop issues, and 1 night of a very high fever.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

keep us posted (and have a safe trip back home)
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post
    I wish I saw this sooner Erin. D had white/beige poop when he had the rotavirus a few weeks ago. Very nasty smell. We weren't sure if it was rotavirus or Hepatitis A because hep A is often associated with the white poop.

I read that the poop turns whiter with a lack of bile. Some people get this when they have been very sick, not eating well, etc. My sister got it when she picked up a food borne illness in Mexico. Daniel got it with Rotavirus.

Hope Haylee is better soon!

Wanted to add, Daniel did have 1 day of normal stool between the nasty stools. He also had 1 day of vomiting prior to any of the poop issues, and 1 night of a very high fever.
    He had other symptoms though, right? Hep was one of the things the doctor thought of (but she's vax'd so of course it can't be that ). Anyway, she's back to the gray again. And driving me crazy, but no other obvious symptoms.

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

This happened to us a couple of months ago. She had no other symptoms and we had not introduced any new foods. It went on for about a week and then just as I was getting ready to take a sample for the lab it went away. I got really nervous because everything I found about this was a serious cause like liver malfunction or gluten allergy. The poop also really smelled. I ended up calling my ped with it and he said if it is clearing up then fine but if it continues or comes back to have her liver tested. I hope all goes well!
    Last edited by bellamamma; April 23rd, 2008 at 07:20 PM.
    www.dotphoto.com
    (username) baworld then enter

Wow, thank you for posting this. My nephew has recently started having white/very pale yellow stools. After reading these posts, I told my sister about the possibility of liver problems and he has a pedi appointment on Monday.

maybe you could ask about a sweat test to rule out cystic fibrosis? It is a simple test.