Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Still no poop

Default Still no poop

So, we started baby food a couple of weeks ago, and Lucy is doing awesome! She gobbles it up like it's the best thing she's ever eaten! However, now she hasn't pooped since Thursday! I fed her prunes Saturday night (she ate the whole jar) and again this morning. I didn't feed her any solids yesterday (thinking if I held off, she would clean out). I called the dr. this morning and they recommended some apple juice and more prunes. They said if she hasn't pooped by tomorrow morning, I need to do rectal stimulation with a thermometer. Any other ideas to get things moving? She doesn't seem uncomfortable... she's nursing great, and eating well. She isn't straining or anything... just doesn't seem to "need" to go... although I know she does.
    Any other advice?
    I've been carrying extra changes of clothes with us everywhere, because, I have a feeling when it does come, it's gonna be bad!!!

Default Re: Still no poop

My DD is going through the same thing right now. She eats prunes every day and still gets little hard poops! Her pedi said to give her prunes and an enema (just once!). I did and it helped for the time being, but she still gets backed up I tried the no solids too, no luck there either! Please keep me posted if you have any luck or any thing that helps!
    since day 1 (Sept '07) !!! so Daddy can feed Mia while I'm at work! because we both love it!

I my Husband and Daughter!!!!

this happened to my lo when we started solids 4 ounces of apple juice normally helps or if its really bad you can try the apple and prune juice combo (gerber sells these)

We've had the most success with limiting fiber/carbs (especially refined stuff, like cereal) and loading up on fats & protein. Soup especially seems to help.

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Thanks, ladies. We actually ended up using rectal stimulation yesterday, and let me tell you, what a relief that must have been for her! It was like the flood gates opened! Whew! Thanks for your advice. I am trying to stick with the "P" foods right now and hopefully that will help. She loves her purees, so I don't want to stop altogether.