Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Only a little bit of poop lately?!?!

Question Only a little bit of poop lately?!?!

My LO is 7 months old. She's been eating Stage 1 solids for about a month now. No more than twice a day. (I'm lucky if she eats a half of a jar a day) She still BFs on demand.

Her poop has changed drastically. She went from pooping daily (very wet-like) to about every other day and it's solid...and no more than a Hershey kiss in size.

Is this normal?
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Born 9-18-07 @ 1:18am

BF for 18 months! Finally weaned!

Default Re: Only a little bit of poop lately?!?!

Sounds like she might be a bit constipated. They say if it's drier and harder than usual, that's a sign. Does she seem like it's painful at all or just less than usual? You might want to back off the solids a bit for a couple days and see if that straightens things out. Otherwise, you might check with your pedi.

I agree about the constipation -if it's harder and that small. My son's bms changed right around that time. I don't know if it's because I introduced him to solids at that time or bc he started to get too busy for nursing. Either way he's down to one bm every 2-3 day but when he does go it's a lot, a lot. I've noticed it def. isn't runny and liquidy like it used to be but it isn't hard either. It's just mush and he doesn't make any signs of pain -although some of his faces have worried me...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

I called her pediatrician and spoke to one of the nurses. She suggested I give her pear juice to drink.

I bought some yesterday. Can't get her to drink it from a bottle or from a cup. (she likes to drink sips of water from a regular plastic cup) Nope. Doesn't like it.

So I'll keep trying but I'm going to stop giving her solids except for prunes and pears until we get a good BM.

Fingers crossed. Thanks!!!
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae

Just so ya'll know...she pooped a big one yesterday! Woo hoo!!!

It was a mix of paste-like poop to runny...and smelled TERRIBLE! So stopping solids (except for prunes) has helped!

Thanks for your help!
    ~*Sherri*~
    Mommy to Allison Rae