Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BFing just to fall asleep?

Default Re: BFing just to fall asleep?

This is so funny. My little baby son was born on 1/15, and he is now 3 months old. 99.99999% of the time, he cannot fall asleep unless he is on the boob. He will occasionally fall asleep with Oma (my husband's Mom) or in my husband's lap if he is absolutely worn out and super-tired, but to get to sleep at night, he has to have a last feeding and fall asleep on the boob. Not that I mind, actually.

The part I mind is when he wakes up at 2 or 3 am (not often anymore, thank goodness!) and then has a good 45-minute meal and then opens his little eyes and giggles like, "Okay, I'm awake, let's play!" Then it's off to the baby swing for fifteen minutes to get him back to sleep if all else fails... Hehehe...

My mother in law has said not to worry about it right now, because he's only 3 months old, so I'm not worrying. The nights when I am just too plumb tuckered to take him back to his room, I can just lay him down on the bed between me and my husband, and he sleeps just fine until my husband gets up around 5:30 a.m.

Default Re: BFing just to fall asleep?

I agree with the pp's, nothing wrong with nursing to sleep. Just like many other parts of parenting, it's a preference not right or wrong. I think one of the hardest things about becoming a mother is learning not to listen to people's opinions on things you could be doing "wrong". I've learned to smile and nod and let it pass through one ear and out the other (ok, sometimes I get kind of irritated while it's passing through ) Anyway, enjoy this time while you have it, it won't last forever.