Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Strange question about lifting weights

Question Strange question about lifting weights

Hi All -
    I heard something the other day, and I to me it sounds strange, but...? I've started exercising again and lifting weights (strengh training). Someone told me to be careful because lifting weights can cause clogged ducts? Anyone heard this?

Default Re: Strange question about lifting weights

I haven't heard it. Be careful if your sports bra is too tight. Besides that, I lift and haven't havd problems.

Repetative arm movements (such as vacuuming, running items over a scanner, etc) has been known to lead to plugged ducts on occassion. If you find that lifting is not bothersome for you, then there really isn't a reason not to do it. If you find that you're getting plugs, then perhaps consider a different type of strength training exercise for the meanwhile?

HTH!

I teach a weight lifting class 3X/week and have had zero problems. (plugged ducts, funny tasting milk, supply) Just watch that you aren't wearing something too constrictive. And do lots of upper back exercises to counteract lifting that baby and carting around your new bigger boobs!