Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pedi pushing issue of starting solids...Long

Default Re: Pedi pushing issue of starting solids...Long

Well thank you AGAIN everyone. The information everyone seems to bring to the table helps my husband and I weigh out different options.

No solids for the R-Man!!!! Yet
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Quote Originally Posted by hollandperformancehorses View Post
    Well thank you AGAIN everyone. The information everyone seems to bring to the table helps my husband and I weigh out different options.

No solids for the R-Man!!!! Yet
    Hey, I just read in your siggy that you're going to become a LC. That's awesome!!! You're going to be such a great help to so many mommies. You've been through the trenches in many respects with R-Man and bf and will have much to share. Good for you!!!!! Did that say you're also going to be a LLLLeader? Wow!
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mommamags View Post
    Hey, I just read in your siggy that you're going to become a LC. That's awesome!!! You're going to be such a great help to so many mommies. You've been through the trenches in many respects with R-Man and bf and will have much to share. Good for you!!!!! Did that say you're also going to be a LLLLeader? Wow!
    Yes after so many years out of school I'm going back!!!!!!

Thank you
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

My DS goes in for his 4 month checkup in a couple of weeks, and I remember at my last appt that the pedi said he may be ready to try solids when his 4 month rolls around. Not sure why they push that so much! I might try some thin cereal, but if DS isn't ready, I am certainly not going to force him to eat! I think it's common sense not to force food upon your children, making mealtimes a battle. I am sure your LO will take to solids just fine when ready! That being said, I will never be the mom who fixes a PBJ for LO when the family is having a nice dinner I prepared!

We waited until LO was 9 MO and was showing signs that she was ready. She is 11 MO now and only eats table food, doesn't like baby food, 2 times a day and has some crackers and cereal a few times a day. There is nothing wrong with waiting. Remember starting soilds at 6 months is a personal choice not a medical one!
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

My pedi said to start solids at 4 months. I just ignored her (smile and wave boys, smile and wave...). My lo finally took to them around 8 months.

Watch out for bananas. They are a good food, but they can cause constipation. Avocados might be better. HTH!!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

No rush. Heck, they're only babies a short time. Enjoy it. Don't let outside pressure get to you.

If I had, I would've weaned at 3 weeks and ds would've been on formula. I think back at what we've survived since then and it makes me .

One piece of unsolicited advice (insert 'smile and nod' here): skip the "baby cereal" if you want to avoid constipation. Many doctors are now doing what the mommas on this site suggest, by starting with proteins like meat and chicken and avocados for baby's first foods!
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

We started solids at 5 months, and she still HATES bananas! She gags and spits them out!

Everything I read said that BF babies were going to love bananas, but SO not true with mine. I would try avocados, as the PP have suggested. Mine loves them!!
    All I do is
    But I could not be happier!!

Mom to
    Sophia Olivia (9/26/07)
    34 weekers:
    Samantha Jane (9/24/09)
    Jillian Elizabeth (9/24/09)