Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baby's weight ok?

Default Re: Baby's weight ok?

I just had to go back and check out my kids weight records...

DS#1 was 17 lbs 5 1/2 oz and 27 1/2 inches long at 6 months...for some reason his 4 month visit isn't in here

DS#2 was almost 16 lbs and 25 inches at 4 months. He is now 10 1/2 months and over 22 lbs. He is HUGE. People tell me all the time how big he is. And up until just recently he has been pretty much exclusively breastfed. He has roll upon roll, and I love it.

Try not to worry too much about weight at this age. Kids that start out eating healthy (breastfed babies) and whose parents don't feed them a ton of juice, soda, candy and fast food are quite healthy and not obese. It is all in the diet, not because they were chubby babies.

It kills me to see babies in the mall eating french fries...and we are talking babies. Under 1. Yuck!

I'm glad to hear that other ebf babies have the michelin (sp?) tire guy look! I was beginning to think maybe I am really harming dd bcause my diet is not the best. I try to eat healthy but I do love that fast food! I started to wonder whether I was really benefiting her as much as I would like to by ebf. Is formula better for babies when mom's diet is not so healthy? Or is bf still better for the baby? I try to change my diet, but it's hard!!

It isn't about what you eat and breastmilk. It is the same as when you are pregnant. Your baby takes from you what it needs and leaves you with the rest. If you are not getting enough vitamins and minerals, the baby will still get it out of your body, you will just suffer for it. I would say to try and incorporate a bit more healthy food into your diet for your own sake. When you start your child off on solids offer healthy foods, not junk.

Formula is NOT better, in my humble opinion it is almost like poison. Your breastmilk is giving your baby what she needs!

I agree with mommymilk completely!! And just would like to add that what she said about your baby eating solids may be a reason to rethink your diet now! You'll be hard pressed to keep your baby interested in healthy fruits and vegatables when your eating french fries! Whatever you eat it's still always healthier for your baby to have BM than Formula! But keep in mind that the flavor of your breastmilk changes depending on what you eat. Conscious of this, I try to eat organic food as often as possible and stuff I want him to like. There's just so much time for them to eat proceessed junk. (Did any of us eat anything else as teenagers?!? ) I want to send him out not craving it. LOL!