Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cloth diaper~rash

Default Re: cloth diaper~rash

I found that my girls reacted to the wet cotton next to their skin. I used a fleece liner. I bought a bit of fleece fabric and cut into strips. That seemed to help but a barrier between their skin and the wet cotton. They then had no more issues with rashes.

Good luck!

I have a couple of suggestions:

Do a rinse w/ vinegar to help remove the detergent, and then do a rinse in plain water. Don't add any fabric softener. 7th Generation makes a good natural detergent.

Try flushable liners. PM me if you'd like me to send you my leftovers (free except postage). They provide a barrier betwn. baby and diaper and make poopy ones much easier to change and wash.

And a third suggestion, change her whenever she is wet. Use a little diaper rash cream. The best I have ever used is Metanium, from the UK.

Oh, and a fourth... Both my girls got thrush at some time in their diaper days. You might get your dr to take a look and prescribe an antifungal if necessary, esp. if the skin is getting worn away.

Good luck.

We have been visiting family for the last week and have been using disposables and the rash cleared. I have also been putting burts bees on her. I think that the prefolds don't do well with keeping baby feeling dry. I have some other diapers at home that I am going to try. Maybe those liners are a good idea!

We use AIO cloth diapers and sometimes use chlorine free recycled disposables. My DS is 11 weeks and for the first the first few weeks we battled with a bad diaper rash. We only use organic and homeopathic remedies so I don't know how diaper rash creams work. I can tell you the I used calendula gel (which you can get at any natural health food store) and just plain cornstarch. I also made sure I was changing his diaper VERY frequently. The combination worked beautifully. I also kept using a light dusting of cornstarch just to help with the moisture that the cloth diapers hold against the skin. Hope the helps!

Hi,

I use cloth diapers and wash them in 'Bio-Kleen' laundry detergent...my daughter has never had diaper rash and she's 6 1/2 mnths old. I recommend using this laundry detergent as it's natural.

Good luck!

Janis

Talking Re: cloth diaper~rash

Hello again!
    I have not used my prefolds (out of fear), but I have been using fitteds with a fleece liner and cover and no rash yet. They seem to be working well. I have been using burts bees and it works great. I think the plain pf with pee was irritating against her skin. Kim from KuddleyKreations is sponsoring me through Miracle Dipers and she is making me pockets. I am sooooooo excited. She has cute stuff by the way and a layaway plan. She is a very nice person. I am so happy that cding is working out~!

Glad to hear things are better! I couldn't PM you because your mailbox was full .