Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: OMG What's wrong??

Default OMG What's wrong??

I know this does not go here, but there are usually more people here then any other forum and I need advice/help....

My LO's eye is swollen twice its size. We went to the DR yesterday b/c they were both a little swollen. She said it looks like an allergy to something (she was not sure to what, no other problems), so we stopped Squash which was the new food of the week and I started giving her Dye free Tylenol for her two new teeth that are coming in.

Today it looks like she went 10 rounds with a prize fighter. She is not rubbing them, and they only seem to bother her when I touch them. The DR suggested giving her dye free Benaydrel(sp?) if they got worse, 1/4 tsp. Has anyone else had any problems like this??? I hate to go back to the DR cause she is going to say the same thing, and we have her well baby visit on Monday.

Please.... any suggestions/comments would be great. I'm going crazy with worry!! (I'm sure they just look worse then they are though!!)
    All I do is
    But I could not be happier!!

Mom to
    Sophia Olivia (9/26/07)
    34 weekers:
    Samantha Jane (9/24/09)
    Jillian Elizabeth (9/24/09)

Default Re: OMG What's wrong??

Oh mama, I don't know. It sure does sound like an allergic reaction. No advice, just a I hope she feels better soon.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

No advice but huge hugs to you! Was she exposed to anything new (like a dog, cat, etc)? Outdoors more?
    Mommy to E 12 , K 10 , A almost 6 , and Little J 20 weeks

Could it be a seasonal allergy? This is the prime time for that. My oldest son is allergic to grass. Yes, you read right - grass. Normal green grass. He use to get itchy watery eyes every spring. Now, at the age of 9 he gets a little bit of a runny nose if he puts his face near freshly cut grass, so it's much better now, lol.

good luck to you! Hopefully the benadryl will make your LO feel more comfortable.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that I'm a teacher and when I went to Fifth grade camp a boy had an allergic reaction and his eye got sooooooo swollen it looked freaky (his actual eyeball was swollen) and the nurse said it was of no real concern, that it was just an allergy. So sometimes these things look worse than they are and especially if it doesn't seem to be bothering her and she is under the advice of a doctor I would relax. How is she doing now?

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

I would go the doc again...that sounds scary to me, plus I tend to go to the doc when in doubt.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

It has been bad the last 2 mornings. I gave her the Benadryl yesterday and this morning and within an hour it was better, not normal but better. She has no other signs of an allergy- no itching, redness or watering!!

We see the DR again on Monday, so I will ask again what is going on.

Thanks for all the and advice. It just helps to hear I am not going CRAZY and being that over-protective MOM!!

Thanks!
    All I do is
    But I could not be happier!!

Mom to
    Sophia Olivia (9/26/07)
    34 weekers:
    Samantha Jane (9/24/09)
    Jillian Elizabeth (9/24/09)