Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how much breast milk should i be pumping for 3 month old???

Exclamation how much breast milk should i be pumping for 3 month old???

i waited 2.5 hours after a feeding and pumped for 10 minutes and only got 1ounce. should i be alarmed? my daughter is 3 months... how many ounces should i be pumping?

Default Re: how much breast milk should i be pumping for 3 month old???

is baby nursing well?
    What are your goals with pumping..
    it realy is a learned art. And baby is much beter at removing milk then the pump.

I found the best time to express/pump was after the first feed I couldnt get much either but yup babies are way better at getting milk out that a pump

Is this your first time pumping? It takes a while for your body to get used to the pump. As you continue to pump, you will probably see more output. The first few times I pumped, I got maybe a 1/2 oz., and was freaking out, thinking my child was getting no milk!! Well, that wasn't true, and as I kept pumping, I could get between 2 and 4 oz. It gets better with time.

My son's always drank btw 2.5-4oz and he's 8 months now so I would say something around that age. As for not pumping enough: If your trying to build a stash it takes you about a month. In the begining I wouldn't even get an oz but by the end of the month I was getting 6oz. Also, doing it everyday at a certain time will help. Drink water while you do it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!