Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introducing the bottle ... but which kind?

Default Re: Introducing the bottle ... but which kind?

The playtex drop-ins or second nature bottles are the main ones recommended by lactation consultants, since they are closer to breastfeeding and so may help to avoid nipple confusion.
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

We started with the Breastflow bottles (we were supplementing in the very beginning) but all of a sudden DD wouldn't take them anymore, and we switched to the Playtex Drop-Ins, using the silicone Natural Latch nipple. Just a comment on those, the drop-in bottle liners are BPA-free, which is a good thing if you're concerned about BPA leaching from the bottles.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by txdaddy View Post
    Our son's been breastfeeding pretty well for over two weeks now. My wife and I are thinking of introducing the bottle in another week or so, mainly so that I can help out with the feedings. It will be pumped breastmilk, no formula. He'll still be mainly breastfeeding, just the occasional feeding with a bottle. The question I have is which kind/brand of bottle to use? Is one preferable over another if you're going to continue breastfeeding?
    Hi,

I am using the BornFree (made with Bisphenol-A free plastic) for my LO, she seems to like it a lot. I bf and use expressed milk in the bottle for my 5 week old. She has had no issues with nipple confusion (I have been very lucky so far!).

Good luck :-)

Kay

I have heard that the Adiri bottle prevents nipple confusion but I have no experience with it.